UA Little Rock Public Radio is Hiring!
UA Little Rock Public Radio is looking for an Underwriting Coordinator to oversee and maintain fundraising efforts with corporations and nonprofit organizations. The Underwriting Coordinator reports directly to the General Manager and coordinates all efforts with the UA Little Rock Public Radio leadership team. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree;
- One year of experience in sales, nonprofit development, or a similar field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the station and its business and organizational contributors, maintain frequent contact and recognition to build and maintain relationships with contributors;
- Identify prospective business and organizational contributors, and/or agencies and foundations as appropriate, using effective sales and negotiation techniques to secure new and maintain existing business and organizational contributions and relationships;
- Monitor and research all available resources to identify businesses and organizations as potential contributors, maintain accurate and current records on all business contributors;
- Maintain a consistent schedule of cold calls, emails, mailings, and schedules contacts to solicit new business and organizational contributions;
- Write underwriting copy to meet client needs, FCC regulatory requirements, and station mission and standards; work with announcer(s) to record and load underwriting spots verifying the accuracy, pronunciation, and ensuring spots run on time;
- Schedule underwriting orders in station traffic software system; coordinate with operations coordinator and program director to ensure spots are placed, and to verify spots run when appropriate;
- Coordinate trade sponsorship agreements, including local media advertising partners and catering;
- Assist with station marketing through writing and coordination of press releases with a station and UA Little Rock Office of Communications and Marketing staff, station social media accounts, station website, email newsletters, and through the development and production of advertisements for station events, initiatives, and fund drives;
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and production of fund drives, special events, and outreach projects as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
If you or someone you know might be interested in this position, please apply at the UA System job search site: https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/job/Little-Rock/Underwriting-Coordinator_R0004282.
About UA Little Rock Public Radio:
Governanace - UA Little Rock Public Radio is a listener-supported public service department at The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock), housed within the College of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences, and Education (CHASSE).
Mission - UA Little Rock Public Radio seeks to deepen insight into the human experience, empower decision-making and enrich the lives of those we serve through quality news and cultural programs.
You can learn more about UA Little Rock Public Radio's mission and governance at its About Us page.
Values - UA Little Rock Public Radio, as part of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Below, you can download the latest EEO Report for KLRE/KUAR.